Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Problem Post Bag

A problem shared is a problem broadcast.

Our resident Agony Uncle, Marionna Frostyupp, answers your problems of a personal, sexual and unacceptable nature.

This week’s letter comes from Brenda, from Windsor:

Dear Marionna,

One is obsessed with Tupperware. My husband and I have been married for over 50 years and one has managed to hide this from Phil until recently. It has got to a point where one’s castles are now over-flowing with Tupperware and Phil has found out. He says he feels betrayed because one has kept this secret from him. What can one do to save one’s marriage?

OUR READERS REPLY:

Feelicity said:

You need to involve your husband with your Tupperware more. Although it may seem a little uncomfortable for him at first, introduce him gently to the different types of boxes…start with the sandwich box (the smallest one first), and then progress to the freezer boxes and then the salad drainers. These things just take time. You need to be patient with his natural resistance to this challenge to his masculinity.

Zsa Zsa said:

You should divorce him. If he doesn’t understand a woman’s need for Tupperware, then he isn’t worth having.

Marionna says:

OK Brenda – so that’s told you.

And so onto next week’s Problem Post Bag.

Readers are invited to offer their advice to Dave, a post-graduate student, studying in Central London who writes:

Dear Marionna,

I am currently feeling very embarrassed because I don’t know how to ex-foliate, and everyone else in my class does. It got even worse when we had a guest speaker from L’Oreal who gave me free samples to try out, and I’ve tried this stuff on my stubble every morning and it doesn’t work. I’ve had to revert back to shaving. I daren’t tell my classmates I’ve done this – and I’m terrified that they’ll find out. Please advise me – what can I do?

A selection of Readers’ replies to Dave’s letter will be published in next week’s Problem Post Bag.

6 Comments:

At 5:24 am, Blogger Beast said...

:-O
:-O
:-O
:-O
:-O

Dear Dave,

this is a very simple definition of exfoliate: to peel away in thin layers

the main point being "thin" layers... which is why the stubble and the beard didnot seem to reduce by much... but hey it was a fair few layers thinner... so my suggestion is to keep at it... and maybe a few days, weeks, months (maybe even years) into the exercise you will notice that your face is a few layers thinner and the ladies are going, "I'm Loving It!!"

=O)

 
At 2:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandpaper is always handy...

 
At 1:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hello it is Wolfgang here with some advice.

Darlings, I am so glad you asked of me this question, it is so important that one exfoliates don't you think? It really is so good when one takes proper skincare seriously.

So when people ask Wolfgang how does he recommend I should exfoliate, yes, Wolfgang he says, Darling it is absolutely mandatory, and so importnat that one chooses a good product with which to exfoliate. I recommend one should use Doctor Vermultenschuldigenzibitter's formula, which you may buy from a good quality skincare shop, such as the one on the Buggermewitapitchforkenstrasse in Leiden, and it is good, it costs a very reasonable maybe £250 for a good ten mililitre tubben and it is so effective. I find my ShiTzu cannot wait for exfoliation with it!

But while we are talking about exfoliation can I also suggest you do not forget also the other important things like the moisturisation of the exfoliated skin also?

Wolfgang, though is perplexed by Tupperware? Tupperware, darlings? Wolfgang has had much fun with food preservatives, yes, like that clinging film, but the idea of tupperware is not so "wrappy?" It is boxy, isn't that so? This is very perplexsome to me!

 
At 7:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wolfgang sweetie: We girlies all go to Tupperware parties where we show what can be done with these boxes, but it's by invitation only.

Keep your face away from me and your [cough!] hair! Your face hair!

 
At 12:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patsy,

Your reply touched much jocularity with me, and my ShiTzu also!

But Wolfgang is still perplexed by your connection of his face and hair and you, for all Wolfgang really wishes to do is to spread the joy of a good skincare regime to all the people's of the world. It's so true!

No two people with well maintained skin have ever fought wars with each other! Now that is fact!

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Chill with Gill said...

Re tupperware..
err. I know it's you Janey. I have seen in your drawers.Chuck em away and start buying Avon or Better ware instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home