Friday, May 26, 2006

How To Disappoint A Man

It was a wet, rainy Wednesday evening in Suburbia.

Man is enjoying a couple of beers that he bought from the off-licence on his way home from work.

Man: “These beers are going down really well. I’m on my last one. The trouble with these Beck’s is that they’re smaller – and don’t last very long.”

Woman: “Why are they smaller? Are they World Cup specials or something?”

Man: (Groans inwardly): “No, this is nothing to do with the World
Cup – Beck’s are always smaller – only 275ml – decent beers have bigger bottles”.

Woman: “Don’t worry. I know you told me not to buy you beers when I went shopping because you wanted to cut down – but I ignored you anyway – and bought you some Beck’s from Sainsbury’s when I went shopping today.”

Man: (Hopefully): “Oh thanks. Where are they?”

Woman: (Helpfully): “I bought on-line. Sainsbury’s will be delivering them on Friday afternoon."

THE EPIBLOGUE

To finish the job off properly ... Sainsbury's delivered Beck's Alcohol Free beer ...

2 Comments:

At 8:48 pm, Blogger Matt said...

Awww! I hope he wasn't too put out. Genuine mistake I'm sure!

 
At 1:52 pm, Blogger Felonious Thelonius said...

NO BEER AND NO TV MAKES HOMER GO CRAZY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home